Below are some helpful links for tools available on the Euler Co-Op.
General Euler Courtesy
- Interactive jobs should be kept to a 20 minute maximum.
- Don’t build large projects on the head node.
- The maximum size for a home directory is no greater than
du -sh ~shows the size of your home directory.
- Please set a time limit on jobs – it allows the scheduler to run more efficiently.
- Please log out when you are not using Euler.
Creating and Accessing Temporary Files
- As of Wednesday, September 6th, files and folders created under /tmp will be deleted without further warning.
- Users may obtain a safe folder to create temporary files using the command
module load tmpdir.
- The path to the new folder will be stored in the environment variable
- Temporary files and folders contained within this path will not be deleted until the corresponding job completes.
Priority Hours and Accounts
- Hardware contributors can debit their share of hours to have access to a higher-priority queue such as slurm_priority or slurm_groupname.
- In order to use the priority queue, you need to pass the following flags along with your script
- -p slurm_priority or -p slurm_groupname
- --qos=priority or --qos=groupname_owner
- Replace groupname with the name of your lab or PI (e.g. sbel or cui)
- To ensure that hours are not debited accidentally, the default behavior is not to use any elevated priority levels when submitting a job.